Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Truth

Personal problems.
Depressed, unhappy, sad.
I don't want to talk about it.
I refuse to speak.
I don't want to think about it.
Instead, I become distracted, and I wonder off through-out the little world inside my mind.
The smiles I put, not the true smile you always see,
just the act I put on for you, so you don't see the pain.
Just frowns, pure tears.
And those deep honey eyes you get lost in, those you see,
I block them with fake happiness, so my misery is hid beneath.
Let me cry.
Let me deal with this pain.
But don't feel bad for me,
don't feel sorry.
Let me be.
I'll be ok, I'll be alright, if you just let me be.
This is real,
no jokes,
no play,
not fake,
pure truth.
Not a scam, or a lie.
Just my actual emotions expressed underneath letters.
I'm not ok.
I can't deny.
But do not worry.
Just let me be who I want to be.
Leave me alone, I need my space.
Don't we all, on those sad days?
Don't try to cheer me up, I'm "cheerful" enough.

No comments: